When selling your home, the best way to get the premium price is to follow these 10 tips for improving your home's flow. In true David Letterman fashion, the reveal is from #10 to the #1 way to improve the room's flow.
10. Remove busy patterns especially wallpaper. Busy patterns even in table cloths or bedspreads often do not photograph well either.
9. Add low line centerpiece of flowers to the kitchen table. Many people like to over accessorize tables but a simple centerpiece will enhance the room with over powering.
8. Hang light fixtures (preferably higher) out of walking eyesight. Height of 5'3" - 6'3" is considered eyesight for most people.
7. Change bookcases to display shelves leaving space on each shelf. Bookshelves unless in a library or study look cluttered and get dusty easily.
6. Keep blinds open revealing as much natural light as possible. If you have screens on your windows, remove them to achieve optimum light penetration.
5. Create walkway big enough for two people to fit in where possible.
4. Remove furniture from walkways. Feng Shui basics indicate that removal of clutter is essential in restoring proper flow.
3. Remove excess wall paintings and posters. A popular trend is to hang a wall of mirrors. This is extremely distracting to buyers just as the wrong paint color would be.
2. Trim trees and shrubs away from windows. Letting Mr. Sunshine in creates a positive energy flow. Watching the sunrise from the home gives a sense of new beginning. Another Feng Shui basic is to have good quality light. More sunshine = more $$$ for the sale of your home.
1. The floor plans and furniture style will determine the best layout for optimum flow. Need help to determine optimum flow? Call me, Kathy Gipson for all of your real estate needs. I have sold homes within weeks after staging a home to optimize the home's flow.
Let your search for a real estate professional end here. Please explore the resources within my website, you will find everything you need to buy or sell a home as well as learn about the market value of homes. You can search for homes with detailed descriptions, photos, community and school information and so much more.
As a qualified real estate professional, I am ready to assist you with all of your real estate needs. My approach is customized for each client; my solutions are never one-size-fits-all! Please view this website as an introduction of my services and capabilities in this local area. Give me a call or send an email when you are ready to visit some homes or to schedule a free home buying or selling consultation. I look forward to working with you!